Since posting up my book trailer and releasing my launch date (11-11-11!) I have to be very sure that I’m going to make that deadline. Originally I thought I could release the book in early September since I wanted to get it out before I had my second child, but with all the work required for launch promo it’s probably best to wait a couple of months to get a handle on the baby blues and sleepless nights. And 11-11-11 is way too cool of a date to pass up!
Well I’m a list maker (you probably could tell by all my bulleted previous posts) and something about this stacked plan makes me rest a little easier.
1) Get the MS back from the editor-make all changes and send it back out for second check
2) Create LLC and small press publishing name: Rock Castle Publishing
3) Send blurb out on forums to get feedback
4) Send cover out to forums to get feedback
5) Make final changes to book and send out to second copy editor (it’s always good to get two pairs of eyes to catch everything)
6) Make final changes and read through to make sure it’s perfect (Last chance!)
7) Sign up and register for copyright
8) Buy 10 ISBNs (I’ll probably get 10 since I have a series and many more books planned)
9) Work with my graphics designer to make the POD cover with author photo and book description
10) Send out to book formatter for B&N, Smashwords, and POD (Createspace) formatting
11) Send out to book reviewers to review around launch date
12) Get quotes from positive reviewers to put on the back of the book & website
13) One month before release send out trailer on all writer’s forums
14) Ask close bloggers to review my book on their blogs or send out the word of the release
15) Look up all relevant blogs and ask to guest post
16) Put up the book for pre-order on Amazon.com
17) When it’s released send out notification on forums, blogs, and websites
18) Get second book out in a few months!
So there it is. I’ve picked a date and I’m going to stick to it. This is actually real…this is going to happen