L.E. is the author of three novels of the Infinite Series–a reincarnation fantasy saga. She received her degree in Animal Behavior, which to her father’s prediction, she only uses to raise her two children and menagerie of animals. She loves so many things and now writing is the passion keeping her up at night and her excuse for not cleaning the house.
Besides referring herself in the third person, she is furiously writing the fourth book in the series, Infinite Faith.
To spice up this about me page I thought it would be a great idea to list all the random things I divulged after an award nomination—I’m a believer that you can get to know a character best through their idiosyncracies:
* I am NOT a morning person. I’m more like a reptile that crawls out and needs to warm up a bit before moving.
* I can read palms
*My first celebrity crush was on the fox from the Disney Robin Hood movie (I know…disturbing…but he is pretty cute).
* I went to the library everyday at our summer vacation house and read every book in the children’s library. (I should probably note that I was a child when I did this or it sounds pathetic.)
* I was a tomboy when I was little. Actually, I’m still slightly tomboyish.
* I was a vegetarian during college and gained 15 pounds since I ate mostly Paul Newman’s chocolate bars and organic chips. (I can’t make this one sound better…it’s definitely pathetic)
* I love using children’s parties as an excuse for dressing up in embarrassing costumes.
* I would love to travel more, but I hate to fly.
* I can’t wait to get some chickens and ducks (although, apparently my husband can!)
* I almost exclusively wear yoga clothes and I’ve never taken a yoga class
* I sometimes sleep with a light on to ward away a pesky ghost (it works!)
* Great White sharks scare the bejesus out of me
* I’m addicted to buying architectural salvage
* I must be word-verification disabled (it usually takes me five or six times to ‘solve’ them!)
* I once had twenty cats at one time (in my defense I lived on a farm and rescued them all from death row). I’ve decreased my cat hoarding tendency down to two now, but most likely will go back to my cat-habit once my kids are grown.
* I once took out kayaks with my little sister on a vacation and we didn’t realize until we turned to go back into the harbor that the current was super strong. Instead of choosing to be stranded on one of the goat-inhabited sand bars, we clung on to a huge cruise ship that we drifted out to. I sent my little sister up to get help as I held onto the ship and both kayaks like the hulk. We found out later it was one of the most expensive cruise ships in the world. We gave all the old rich folks a thrill for the day; a pathetic rescue at sea.
* Ruth Chew was my favorite author when I was little. She has some of the best supernatural ideas ever. Buy them to read with your kids!
* I once had a pet snapping turtle named Spike.
* I’m mostly of Irish heritage, which does not explain why I look Spanish/Hawaiian/Native American (someone’s got some explaining to do!)—see above photo for proof^
* When I was young I didn’t wear any shoes all summer—hmmm…explains hobbit feet now.
* I’m unable to listen to AM radio, the frequency is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
*Favorite Color: Silver Sage (thank you Restoration Hardware for addicting me to this color)
*Favorite Animal: Oh, this is so hard. I love so many. If I had to pick, I’d say Canada Geese. I raised an orphaned one when I was little and she has a special place in my heart.
*Favorite Number: 7
*Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Lattes (I have a whole post about this)
*Facebook or Twitter: Ugh, I have to start to use these more, but I feel ancient when it comes to technological thingies (it’s a miracle I’ve figured blogging out)
*My Passions: Writing, reading, animals, hiking, family, antiques, gardening, and crafty stuff.
*Getting or Giving Presents: Giving. I get such a thrill out of finding the perfect present for someone.
*Favorite Pattern: Wow, I’ve never thought of this before. I have to say ribbons and roses.
*Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday, since my husband’s home and I actually get some writing time!
*Favorite Flower: Pansies