After returning from a fantastic family trip on the Vineyard, I came back to my very first blog award from my crazy talented crit partner Bethany Yeager. You rock Bethany!
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all – have bloggity-blog fun!”
So the fun part is deciding which five blogs I get to pass them onto! Well, if Bethany hadn’t already received the award I would have had no question to list hers as number one–although her following is growing daily and she’ll be over 200 followers in no time.
Well, on to the nominating:
1) Brigid Kemmerer is slated to launch her debut novel Elemental in 2012 and she maintains a fantastic blog discussing the trials and triumphs of writing and publishing. She was so warm and helpful in telling me how to find a terrific beta partner (and I found Bethany who has been a gem!). Her YA series sounds fascinating and I have no doubt it will be a success. VIBE: Catching up with a good writing buddy.
2) Wicked & Tricksy a spectacular blog written by four stellar women. Their posts focus on speculative fiction but discuss the craft of writing in a fun and entertaining way. Since each writer posts once a week and a guest blogger posts on Fridays, you get interesting quality blogs everyday of the week! VIBE: Hanging out with a great group of gals outside writing workshop.
3) SaraFlower’s Blog is an upbeat and honest blog following a writer on her road to publishing. Her posts are refreshing and I always look forward to her original point of view. She was one of my first followers on my blog and I instantly subscribed to hers after reading a few of her posts. VIBE: Reading someone’s writing journal.
4) The Story Scribbler is a new blog from an aspiring writer that has intriguing tips on improving writing, writing life in general, and insightful book reviews. VIBE: Feels like you’ve just sat down with a good friend with a cup of coffee in the morning.
5) Logically is a another new blog following the journey of a writer on the verge of beginning her career. Her blog discusses her challenges as a writer as well as recommends various YA novels she falls in love with. I love her daydreaming, eccentric style, and every sentence she writes broadens your imagination. VIBE: Get inside a young fantasy writer’s head for a spell.
Please look into these writers in all stages of publishing. They are not only talented but also have something unique to contribute.
Thanks again for the award Bethany!